Mushroom fried rice recipe – mushroom is one of the best source of nutrition that have high anti-oxidants, many other nutrients and are said to enhance immunity. One can add them to everyday vegetables to make curry, stir fry, fried rice and even a flavorful tasty biryani.
This mushroom biryani recipe is the quickest and easiest recipe. You can cook them even when you are too much busy because it takes only some time.
Step by step simple mushroom fried rice recipe is given below
This mushroom fried rice needs very less time compared to other recipes. You will need only 5 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook. And total 30 minutes is needed to complete this recipe.
Ingredients to be used (I have used 240 ml cup)
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of basmati rice or you can also use any fragrant rice
- Half cup of yogurt / curd or instead you can use tomatoes also
- 1 medium sized onion that is sliced thinly
- Fistful of mint leaves that is chopped
- Fistful of coriander leaves that is chopped
- 1 and a half tablespoon of Ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chili which is sliced
- Oil 3 tablespoon
- Half tablespoon of red chili powder Dry spices to heat
- 1 star anise
- Cumin seed half tablespoon
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 piece of cloves needed to powder (instead of this you can use readymade spice powder)
- 1 piece strand of mace
- 4 pieces of green cardamoms
- Small piece of cinnamon stick
- 6 pieces of cloves
- Fat pinch of grated nutmeg (this is totally optional. You can do this only if you wish.)
- Half tablespoon of stone flower
- Half tablespoon of fennel seeds
How to make the mushroom fried rice
Step no 1: Wash the rice very well and properly. After that soak it for at least 20 minutes.
Step no 2: Powder the ingredients that are written under to powder. Set them aside
Step no 3: Pour oil in a pan and heat the oil, add the dry spices in it to temper.
Step no 4: When they starts to sizzle, add the chilies and also the onions and fry it until it starts to become golden.
Step no 5: While the onions fry, wash and chop the mushrooms
Step no 6: Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone
Step no 7: Then add yogurt or tomatoes in it and fry till the oil starts to separate. While this is cooking, bring three and a half cup of water to boil in a pot.
Step no 8: Then add some red chili powder, also the powdered masala, mint leaves and coriander leaves and fry them for about 1 or 2 minutes
Step no 9: Add the mushrooms, fry them for maximum 2 minutes. Then add boiling water to the mushroom mix and also add rice & salt. Boiling water is used to prevent the mushrooms get soaked up in cold water. If you can eat mushy mushrooms, you can use cold water and bring it to a boil.
Step no 10: Cook it till the rice is fully cooked. Sprinkle some water in it if needed.
Step no 11: Decorate with Garnish and coriander leaves to make the biryani visually more appealing.
Step no 12: Well, now the biryani is done. Now you can serve the delicious, healthy and tasty mushroom fried rice with onion raita
Onion ratia recipe for biryani
I have added the onion ratia recipe for your benefit. Let’s take a quick look at the recipe
Ingredients needed (I used a 250 ml cup)
- Yogurt 1 cup
- One third cup of onions(1 medium sized) finely chopped
- Roasted cumin powder half tablespoon
- Red chili powder one fourth tablespoon
- Salt(as needed)
- 5 to 6 mint leaves which is chopped
- For garnishing use some mint leaves or coriander leaves
Step by step recipe of onion ratia
Step no 1: Whisk the yogurt until it becomes smooth.
Step no 2: Then add the chopped onion and mix again.
Step no 3: After that sprinkle the cumin powder, red chili powder and salt as needed. Stir and mix them well.
Step no 4: Now add the 5 to 6 mint leaves.
Step no 5: Mix them very well.
Step no 6: Garnish with few mint leaves or coriander leaves.
Step no 7: Now finally serve the onion raita with your delicious mushroom fried rice.
Nutrition facts for mushroom:
A mushroom is a very fresh and healthy food. Here are the nutrition facts for mushroom for per 100 grams:
It has calories 22 and total fat 0.3g including 0.1g, polyunsaturated fat 0.2g. 5 mg sodium and 318 mg potassium are present in it. Total 3.3g carbohydrate is present in mushrooms. It also contains protein 3.1g, and vitamin c, vitamin D, vitamin-12, vitamin B-6, iron and magnesium.